The Hands-On Math Geoboard creates a virtual geoboard on your iPad. It simulates the use of a popular math manipulative used to teach basic geometry and is perfect for elementary and middle school classrooms.
A geoboard is one of the best ways to help students explore and discover geometry. Students draw line segments, rectangles or circles on a 5x5 pegboard. As they draw geometric feedback is reported on a note card helping students better understand length, perimeter, and area.
Using Hands-On Math Geooard students can develop the following important mathematical concepts:
- Properties of shapes
- Composing and decomposing plane figures
- Naming numbers
- Drawing and analyzing two-dimensional shapes
- Congruence and Similarity
- Naming and recognization basic shapes
- Length, area, perimeter, circumference, radius and diameter
- Coordinate Geometry