Algebra Concepts is an interactive learning system designed to provide instruction in mathematics at the 7th grade enrichment through adult levels.
The instructional goals for Algebra Concepts includes the following objectives:
- Provide practice in identifying terminology related to algebra.
- To incrementally build an understanding of fundamental concepts by providing an easy-to-use format for exploring algebra.
- To support the development of a student's sense of confidence in his/her mathematical ability.
- Variables and Expressions
- Properties of Real Numbers
- Solving Equations
- Factoring Polynomials
Algebra Concepts uses a variety of educational approaches. It includes a reference system, lessons, quiz questions, and an exploratory tool for open-ended investigations (algebra tiles).